September 24, 2013

27 Years Young!

On Monday, Aug. 26th, I turned 27 years old. As you may have seen on facebook, it was not a fun day! Here's why:

1. On Sunday, I made one of my pharmacy technicians (the pharmacy team lead) go to the doctor because I could tell something was wrong. She ended up being admitted to the ICU where she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She is doing great now, thankfully! But that meant I had to try to replace all of her shifts for the week on very short notice... So because of this, Monday was short-staffed.

2. Hudson woke up early - at 4:30am. He's never done that since he started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old!

3. I had to drop Maddie off at the vet's office that morning for knee surgery.



4. My staff pharmacist called in sick - she forgot it was my birthday!

5. The fire alarm kept going off at work because they were working on it. The alarm in the pharmacy is right above my head...

6. The printer kept jamming.

7. The A/C wasn't working so I was a sweaty mess.


Although most of the day was pretty awful, there were some good things too!

1. I received the "Happy Birthday" song via video and voicemail from my nieces and Aunt Roycelyn.

2. I received numerous happy birthday wishes/cards/gifts.

3. The scheduler replaced the evening shift with a float pharmacist so I could leave.

4. I got flowers at work from a couple different family members.



5. Thomas got me a german chocolate cake from my favorite bakery.

6. Thomas got carryout from my favorite restaurant.

7. A co-worker got me Starbucks.

8. And my pharmacy team made me keep smiling alllll day long! Don't know what I'd do without them!


Looks like the number of "good" things outweighed the "bad," so I guess it could have been worse! Either way, I'm glad it's over. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment