December 13, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Holy moly! This cold weather is KILLING me. Last weekend we had our first winter storm and it's just now disappearing from all the roads. It started with rain, turned to sleet, then eventually snow. So we ended up with about 6 inches of snow on top of a thick layer of ice. We were planning on traveling back to Illinois for the weekend, but instead, we didn't leave the house!


The snow is coming down! (view from our basement)



Hudson's first snow!
"What is that stuff, mom?!?!" 

Little penguin

A couple days after the snowstorm started, Thomas went to work with a shovel. Here you can see the ice underneath the snow.


Lately I've been a little obsessed with Christmas photo-shoots with Hudson. What else is there to do when it's a chilly 23 degrees outside??? He's just such a happy little guy that I can't help but dress him up and snap tons of pics!

Already figuring it out...

Stinker!


Trying to be sneaky and escape with a present!

Giggling, as usual!


This picture is by far the best Christmas photo I've taken of him. I literally snapped 46 shots of him with these Christmas lights, and this was the very first one I took. He was amazed by the lights and he actually held still for a moment. After this shot, he was moving all over the place and most of them turned out blurry!



Thomas saw Santa Claus in Cape so we decided to take Hudson to meet him! I really had no idea how he would react, so I made Thomas put on a Santa hat at home before we left. Of course, Hudson thought that was pretty funny (and so did I because the Santa hat was waaaay too small for his head)! Hudson loved Santa and Mrs. Claus. I guess we couldn't have asked for a better reaction!






More Christmas photos! Who needs to pay for professional photos? It's more fun to do them yourself! :)








Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures! And, I don't believe the Santa hat was too small for Daddy's head...that would never happen!

    ReplyDelete