December 7, 2013

Daddy Missed It

Thomas left Sunday evening to head to Memphis for work for the week. He didn't get back till Friday morning! So I was a single mom all week and let me tell ya, that's not easy! One of my technicians at work is a single mom, and this week gave me a new sense of respect for what she does!

Thomas face-timed us Monday evening and Hudson was simply thrilled. It doesn't take much to make him smile or squirm with excitement, but he absolutely LOVED seeing his Daddy's face on his most sought after electronic device: the iPhone! It doesn't get any better than that! Somehow I managed to get both hands on the phone to take a screenshot while Hudson was flailing with excitement and also trying to grab the phone!




Then on Tuesday night, Hudson finally discovered how to crawl forwards! He would only do it when I got him really excited (and never when I had my phone out to videotape). He would pound those hands down and almost bounce forwards. It was the cutest thing ever... and Daddy missed it! A friend and I eventually got a good video of him in action so Thomas could see him crawl. :)

First good video of him crawling!

Thomas also missed a week of Hudson sleeping like a perfect angel. I am very thankful for all the sleep I got while Dad was gone! He has always been an awesome sleeper, only waking during the night for his paci. Only one time has he needed a bottle in the middle of the night since he was 7 weeks old! But of course, the first night that Thomas was back, Hudson woke up at 2am and wanted a bottle. He was hungry! This probably happened because he was a bottle short during the day since he slept so much, but I still blame Thomas. :-p


1 comment: