February 22, 2013

30 Weeks

Somehow we are already 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy. Where has the time gone?? I just had my 30 week appointment today. Baby's heart rate was 138 - that's the lowest it's been yet! Thomas said he must have been sleeping. I said, "Are you kidding?!? He doesn't know how to sleep!" I know a baby is a huge adjustment in all new parents' lives, but I think this lil guy is going to ROCK OUR WORLD!

My belly is measuring right on target, and my blood pressure has been normal. I'm up about 22 lbs... but it feels more like 50!! Now that my stomach is smashed up into my lungs, I don't have much of an appetite all of a sudden. The doctor told me this would happen as the pregnancy progressed, but I sure didn't believe her. I could eat any amount of food at any time just a week ago! And that sure was more fun. :) Luckily, I passed the 1-hour glucose test a couple of weeks ago. Trista did hers right before me, so I got some pointers from her as to what I should eat the day of the test. Of course, she was told what to do and what not to do after she had already failed!

The main complaint I've had during this pregnancy is sciatic nerve pain on my left side. After switching around my work schedule so I work shorter shifts (instead of 12-hours), it has become bearable. I like to use it as an excuse to avoid the gym...

I guess I do have one other pretty big complaint. The little man in my belly is not very nice. When I first started feeling some movement, it wasn't the sweet little flutters that everyone else seems to experience. We skipped the flutters all together, and jumped right into kicks and jabs! Yes, they started out pretty weak and gentle. But it sure didn't take long for the painful kicks and punches to begin! Jackie predicted that I would be completely weirded out by a baby kicking in my belly, and boy was she right! It's pretty gross if you ask me! Everyone says how "amazing" it is. And don't get me wrong... I love to be reassured (every 5 minutes) that he is doing just fine in there, but I could probably go a few hours a day without the internal belly abuse! :)

All in all, it's been a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I'm hoping it continues this way right through the delivery!

30 Weeks Baby Bump!

1 comment:

  1. Thomas's favorite cousinFebruary 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM

    He looks so low! Both my kids were low and both were short deliveries. Here's hoping you get the same!

    ReplyDelete