February 27, 2013

Head of Lettuce

Today marks 31 weeks 2 days. Apparently the baby is currently about 4 lbs and 19 inches long. If that's hard for you to imagine, just picture a head of lettuce! I love it when the app on my phone updates the fruit/vegetable that describes the size of the baby at that time, but I immediately think about trying to birth that fruit/vegetable... Then I want it to change back to the smaller produce from the week before!


31 Weeks

I had some maternity pics taken today in Cape. It was only an hour session, but it seemed like it lasted forever! "Stand up, sit down, cross your legs, lay back, smile, look at your belly, look at me, roll your shoulder back, change your outfit..." By the amount of direction the photographer was giving me, I guess I'm not made out to model, that's for sure! She had so many ideas and things she wanted to try that I was pretty worn out by the end. And who came up with the idea for "maternity pics" anyway? I feel slightly like a whale and the last thing I want pestering me for an hour is a dang camera!! Thomas sincerely requested to not be a part of these belly pics, and I generously let him out of it (in exchange for a back massage). Now I'm thankful he wasn't there because all he would have done is laugh at me in all the awkward poses/positions!

Not much has changed since last week except for my heartburn. I had never experienced heartburn until this pregnancy. I knew how people described it to feel, but I didn't really know how bad it was until now. EVERYTHING gives me heartburn. It's so hard to drink a ton of water each day when it results in my throat feeling like it's on fire! TUMS Smoothies are my new best friend :)

Thomas and I met with the Hospital OB Nurse Coordinator today for a scheduled tour of the Labor & Delivery Unit. I'm so glad we did it. They gave me a pass for a free 30 minute prenatal massage just for coming in!! I'm not quite as excited about the free pass for the fitness center though... The tour was actually fun, and it was nice to see the birthing suites and nursery. It was also really nice to find out there is a restaurant in the Labor & Delivery Unit. That's what I'm talking about! The floor seemed very calm, and we got to see some newborn babies :) They were all so calm and sweet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a baby like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment