April 12, 2013

"Are We There Yet?"

I remember when I was little, on our family vacations, I was the daughter who never slept in the car and continued to ask the annoying question over and over again, "Are we there yet?" I guess you could say I'm still pretty impatient! I am soooo ready for this baby to make his way into the world. The days seem to be getting longer as work becomes more and more challenging. The nights seem to last forever as well because I pee every 1-2 hours. Every time I wake up, I somehow manage to find the toilet without turning on a light or hardly even opening my eyes! Since Thomas sleeps through everything, Jake (our golden retriever) keeps an eye on me during the night. He sleeps right where I step down to get out of bed. That way, he knows when I get up since I have to feel my way around him with my feet!

Monday marked 37 weeks, and this baby is now considered full-term. I couldn't be happier! He is close enough to being fully-cooked now that I don't have to worry about going into labor early. At my last appointment on Tuesday, my doctor felt around on my belly and roughly estimated him to weigh about 6.75 pounds. That sounds great to me! I want him to stay under 8 lbs! For the one person who voted he will be a 6 pounder, you are most likely wrong! Everything else looked great, and my belly is still measuring right on track. His heart rate was in the 130's, and he is still head down. Here's a belly pic from today at 37 weeks and 4 days. (Please ignore the lint/hair all over my tank top!)

37 and 1/2 weeks

Besides feeling really uncomfortable at work, I really don't have too much to complain about. However, I think I must have done my fair share of complaining based on my co-workers' due date guesses! I've already passed up the first guess, and the last guess is still before my due date of April 29th. I keep telling them that April is going to end and I'm still going to be pregnant!! And that may make for a slightly crabby boss :)

9 lbs 3 oz... Really Zack?!?!?

We've taken the dogs for a couple walks in the subdivision since it has warmed up, and I'm not sure who it wears out more! Here's Maddie after a very slow paced 20 minute stroll, and you can see Jake already asleep in the background.



Thomas and I are both off all weekend, and I sure am looking forward to some relaxation! Hopefully we can finish getting the house ready. I wish the "nesting" stage would hit me... I am in no way motivated to clean. Maybe it has something to do with the feeling that my pelvis may crack at any moment!!

2 comments:

  1. Man one person you work with was only off by 3 oz and on the right day--impressive!!

    ReplyDelete