March 1, 2013

In the Life of... Thomas

I feel that all of you are in need of an update on my wonderful husband. It's probably been a while since you've seen him, and I know you all need a little more "Thomas" in your lives. :) So here's what's been going on in the Life of Thomas...

The other night when we were heading upstairs to bed, Thomas got light-headed on the stairs. (Note: I was walking up right behind him.) Instead of grabbing the rail and going forward onto his knees like a normal person, he stood straight up, threw his head back, and tried to speed up! Well of course that didn't work out to well. His foot barely touched the step as he was trying to run up, jamming his big toe down on the step he was already on, tripping him up so that he falls to the top of the stairs. He doesn't slow down because, didn't ya know, continuing to run around the kitchen moaning like a dying animal will help you get away from your throbbing toe! I was still standing halfway up the steps just watching him (and counting my blessings that he didn't fall backwards on me!). His toe is now black and blue at the base of the toenail.

I had to work last Sunday at the pharmacy. Thomas texted me a picture of what he woke up to...

They are so in love :)

On Wednesday night, we decided to try a new restaurant in town called Wings Etc. They just recently opened and were very busy, so they gave us a 25 minute wait for a table. We decided to sit at the bar till our table was ready. We went ahead and ordered our food at 6:00pm. By 6:15pm, they had moved us to a table. Between that time and 6:45pm, our waitress checked on our food twice. By 6:50pm, Thomas was getting pretty angry. He was drinking some kind of apple cider beer that was really sweet, and he needed some food in his belly. And they hadn't even brought out my poppyseed salad yet! He told me we were leaving by 7:00 if we didn't have food by then... You would have thought he was the crabby pregnant customer! All I could think about was that I just wanted my salad! So he asked the waitress again about our order, stressing that it had almost been an hour since we ordered and other tables were done eating that were seated after us! Again she heads to the kitchen to check on our ticket. But this time she comes directly back to us (it's now 7:02... We were still there only because I really wanted my poppyseed salad!), and starts apologizing. She says our ticket was lost and the manager is going to speak with us. Within 5 minutes, here comes the manager with our food. He said everything was free and apologized for losing our order. He then asked us if there was anything else we needed... And I think I almost screamed, "My poppyseed salad!!" I couldn't believe they forgot the one thing I desperately wanted. Eventually, I got my salad... and everything was very good. :)

Last night I worked till 9:00pm. Thomas stopped in to shop a little before heading home after work. Not long after he left the pharmacy, I received these texts with pictures of the lock and handle on the gun safe in the garage:


Close-ups of the before and after shots:
Before backing into it
After
What makes this even worse is that I'm constantly begging him to stop backing up as soon as the little "beeper thing" starts beeping to let him know there is something behind the truck. He ignores me, and continues in reverse until the beeping turns into a solid buzz for a couple seconds. If only he would listen to my wisdom once in a while!!

Ok since I have done nothing other than make fun of Thomas, I guess I better redeem myself. If you know me at all, you probably know that cooking is not my best talent. In fact, it's very rare to ever find me in the kitchen. Luckily, I married a man who actually enjoys cooking (or who will at least do it so that we can eat something other than macaroni). The last meal he made for us was baked pineapple and cherry pork chops. Omg, that stuff was amazing! When I asked him where he got the recipe, because I can't make anything without a recipe (i.e. "prescription for food"), he just looked at me like I was crazy! He had just randomly bought pineapple rings and cherries and created the meal all on his own. I was pretty impressed, and I hope Baby Boy G gets the same culinary skills from his father!

No comments:

Post a Comment