August 8, 2013

Changing Every Day

Well I didn't think this kid would ever roll over because he is always asleep! Yesterday he proved me wrong! I caught him wide awake in the afternoon, so I put him on the floor for some tummy time. He immediately pulled his legs up under his body, and rolled over onto his back! I had no clue where that new trick came from! So I got my phone ready and put him back on his belly. He immediately did it again! My phone wasn't very focused, but here's the video!!



He is growing up WAY too fast! He takes 5 oz of breast milk every 3 hours between 6am and 9pm. He normally falls asleep between each feeding. Normally, he will sleep all evening after we pick him up from daycare around 4:00. He will start to stir a little around 6:00 for a bottle, and then we sometimes have to wake him for his 9:00 bottle before bed. After his bottle, I put him in his swaddle and he just smiiiiles at me. :) He acts drunk on milk! I lay him down in the pack n play, tuck a blanket around him, and give him his pacifier. He will continue to smile every time you make eye contact with him! Once you walk out of his view, he lays there with his eyes open waiting for you to walk by again. After about 5-10 minutes of just staring into space, he is out cold for the night. Every night! He is the easiest child to put to bed. I honestly don't know how we got so lucky.

The smiles come out again first thing in the morning! He will start squirming a little and make a few grunts. As soon as you open your eyes and look at him, he is all smiles! He just can't help it! He wiggles with happiness until you undo his swaddle. Then he throws both arms above his head and stretches out as much as he can! I normally give him his first bottle in the bedroom while Thomas is in the bathroom getting ready. Hudson thinks he has to watch Daddy so he's always looking for him through the bathroom door. Even when Thomas isn't home and we are in the bedroom, he will always look in the bathroom for Daddy!

A couple of weeks ago, I got this video of him jumping around in his jumperoo. He loves this thing! He isn't quite long enough for this one, but the daycare has one that goes low enough for him to touch the ground. He is all smiles when he's in it!



As you can see here, it doesn't take much to get him to smile and giggle!




Thomas figured out that Hudson likes it when you whistle :)





He's quite the talker!




Just being a little cuddle bug while napping :)



Wild man in the bath tub!



Hudson's 4-month appointment is Aug. 22nd. I can't wait to find out how much he weighs!



2 comments:

  1. Your kid is nuts! I sure hope his energy continues into the next year and gives his Mommy and Daddy plenty of opportunity to chase him around. I'm hoping Lily watches his craziness this weekend and starts moving a little more. Her legs could use a workout. They're getting pretty big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so big!!! I haven't seen him since Callie was born! Love those baby giggles :)

    ReplyDelete