August 8, 2013

First Night Away

On May 25th, one of my friends from pharmacy school got married at a winery in Pocahontas, IL. There is a group of 6 of us who have been reuniting every year at each other's weddings, and Mitch was the last person in that group to get married. I wasn't about to let having a 1-month old at home keep me from attending the wedding! Grandma and Grandpa Steinmetz got to keep baby Hudson for the night. Grandma Shelly's prep work was pretty extensive... It probably took her about 5 minutes to read the entire text with instructions on how to care for our sweet baby boy! Ha! I believe her reply was, "I need a printer for the instructions!" :)

I think they had a pretty good time, and he slept ok too. We very much enjoyed ourselves at the wedding as well! It was honestly the most adorable wedding we've ever attended. The winery setting was perfect! It was sort of a dreary rainy day, and as soon as Mackenzie made it to the alter, the sun came out! There was no mistaking it... somebody up above was looking out for the happy couple. It gave me the chills!

We had a lot of fun catching up with friends and tasting some delicious wine. Most of them hadn't seen me at all while I was pregnant, so I got quite a few, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you had a baby!" comments throughout the night. They were all bummed that we didn't bring him along, but we enjoyed that first night of freedom!

Kiss the bride!

His little bandana says, "I DO TOO."



The newlyweds!

The next day was Tanner's graduation party, so we needed to pick Hudson up by about 10am so Shelly could get everything ready for the party. We both had our alarms set for 8am. Well I didn't wake up till about 10:15am and Thomas was still sleeping!! Apparently, we had both shut our alarms off earlier... Ooops! I guess we were pretty tired! Thanks again Grandma Shelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment